To apply for a user account / Nutzungskennung follow the link Application for a user account / Antrag auf eine Nutzungskennung on the service portal. In the course of the account establishment two support members are assigned to you, a local consultant and a scientific consultant.
Please note the following limitations for using NHR resources:
- The NHR regulations limit the access to NHR resources to scientists at German universities (see NHR Alliance, Computing Time / NHR-Verein, Rechnernutzung).
- Due to export control, the NHR systems are not accessible for people originating from certain countries. For details, please read the document Supercomputer und Exportkontrolle of the BMBF and the information on the service portral.
Holding a user account you can
- perform test simulations to prepare a proposal for a compute project and
- submit a project proposal for a compute project on the service portral.
Compute time of a user account
Holding a user account you are able to work on the compute systems at NHR@ZIB and NHR@Göttingen, and to expend compute time.
- The user account is attached to a personal account holding a limited amount of computing time, see Accounting for details.
- With the user account you have access to the accounts of all compute projects in which the user account is a member in.
Further hints about user accounts you find on the page Account Control of the user documentation.