To apply for a user account / Nutzungskennung follow the link Application for a user account / Antrag auf eine Nutzungskennung on the service portal. In the course of the account establishment two support members are assigned to you, a local consultant and a scientific consultant.
Please note the following limitations for using NHR resources:
- The NHR regulations limit the access to NHR resources to scientists at German universities (see NHR Alliance, Computing Time / NHR-Verein, Rechnernutzung).
- Due to export control, the NHR systems "HLRN-IV" is not accessible for people originating from certain countries. For details, please read the document Supercomputer und Exportkontrolle of the BMBF and the information on the service portral.
Holding a user account you can
- perform test simulations to prepare a proposal for a compute project and
- submit a project proposal for a compute project on the service portral.
Compute time of a user account
Holding a user account you are able to work on the HLRN-IV systems at NHR@ZIB and NHR@Göttingen, and to expend compute time.
- The user account is attached to a personal account holding a limited amount of computing time, see Accounting in Core Hours for details.
- With the user account you have access to the accounts of all compute projects in which the user account is a member in.
Further hints about user accounts you find on the page Account Control of the user documentation.